For the AURI x MUNI collection, we use a native regional tropical tree called Tegeran that yields a variety of warm tones of yellow and green. With Tegeran, it is possible to use the dye vats multiple times, reducing waste and taking full advantage of its dyeing properties.
Made using a full immersion technique with multiple dips to build a strong, longer-lasting colour, and done entirely by hand by our trained and skilled local artisans.
Natural dye processes are slow and can have quite an unpredictable outcome. This collection celebrate these imperfections as a testament to our honest way of coloring fabrics in a gentler, more environmental friendly manner. Over time, with regular use and wash, all natural dye garments will soften and fade into a lighter tone of itself, creating a beautiful patina that can be entirely redyed to extend its life cycle.
Special fabrics require special care. Without the use of harsh chemicals in our dyes, natural dyes are much more delicate, but with the right care, can be long lasting and re-dyed multiple times to be enjoyed and worn for years.
- SKU: AA20405-B
- Fabric: 100% Cotton
- Non-Stretchable & Without Lining
- Care Instruction:-
- Cold wash individually either hand washing or Machine wash on delicate cycle
- Use only a small amount of pH neutral fabric soap
- Avoid wringing and scrubbing
- Hang dry under shade (avoid using dryer)
- Store fully dried garments in a closet away from strong direct sunlight
- Reverse your clothes to prevent light streaks when storing